Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Greg's TransAmerica Ride

Rockport or Bust!

Prepping for My TransAmerica Bike Ride


Well, the time has come to prepare for my long-awaited TransAmerica Bike Ride.  The fulfillment of a lifelong dream of mine.  Actually I've been preparing with a lot of training long distance rides on the weekends (when I'm not traveling for work).  

Just to let you know that I've set up this blog to record the journey...from the ongoing preparations to the adventures along the way.  I intend to post photos and updates as much as possible, hopefully daily while on the ride.

We'll fly to Eugene, Oregon on June 12th and begin the actual bike ride in Florence, Oregon on Sunday, June 15th with a 78 mile ride to Eugene.  I expect to finish the ride to Rockport, Massachusetts in about 10 weeks or so and definitely before the end of August.  That's the plan, anyway.

So if you'd like to follow my escapades (totally voluntary)  then add your email address in the box to the right ------------->

And feel free to provide any comments along the way, too!  I would love to hear from you!

Greg

11 comments:

  1. Greg, this is awesome! I knew nothing about this! (Also good luck!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for being the guinea pig on this, Alex. It seems to be working. U da man!

      Delete
  2. Whoah, Dude, awesome blog. Now you just need to actually do something to blog about.

    Jim

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it's working! I am commenting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's good news, Ash! I hope you subscribe, too.

      Delete
  4. HI GREG, GET A HOLD OF US BEFORE YOU GO ON YOUR JOURNEY. WHO IS GOING WITH YOU?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Al, I'll give you a call this evening (when the Rangers aren't playing) if you're around.

      Delete
  5. inez, andre, maria and charles will follow the trail

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Greg and Cathy! Did LynnLe get you both all trimmed up for the trip? Short is good…..and EASY! Good decision. Hope you get off to a flying start, weather cooperating. Relax and enjoy the scenery, Cathy! Be safe, all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Lynn trimmed me up 3 days before leaving. I'm much lighter now. First day is behind us. Florence to Eugene, 78.5 miles. Good ride, rained half the way but perfect temps for biking high 50s low 60s. Thanks for the moral support!

      Delete