Monday, July 14, 2014

Day 27 to 30 Continued...

Sorry about ending the previous one so abruptly. It froze up again during composition so I decided to publish what I had before I lost it all.

Day 27 Winnett to Jordan cont'd.  After the rest area my next saving grace was the Sand Spring General Store and Post Office at mile 43 where I met 2 nice ladies who dug out some frozen Italian sub and a double cheeseburger that they microwaved for me.  Tasted much much better than I anticipated. And met the 2 Chinese hairless something or other dogs named Sophia (after Sophia Loren) and Priscilla (because she's very prissy!). I wish now I had taken a photo of them.  They were very cute.

Anyway, I'm running out of time here at the library, so I'll move along quickly!

Long story short I was really tired and beat up by the wind when I got to Jordan. My body told me I needed a rest day so I decided I would not ride on July 12. Take a rest day, do my wash, plan the net few days,etc. I am glad I did.

Day 28:  July 12 - Rest day in Jordan. Did my laundry, went to the community pool, did some small grocery shopping, went to the Garfield County Museum to see their Dino collection, had Moose Dool Ale at the Hell Creek Bar and another ribeye dinner. Even watched some Netflix on my iPad.

Day 29:  July 13 - Jordan to Circle, MT. 69.3 miles. Relatively short day by my recent history, and I felt good and refreshed when I started.  Also helped by the humongous pancakes at the Hilltop Cafe I had for breakfast at 6 am. I departed early at 7 am in order to beat the heat today, too. Overall it was a good day.   I tried to camp in Circle but the one campground I found had no one in the office, and only had alaundromat and bathroom, no showers, no shade anywhere and no picnic tables. So I went to the very weird Travelers Inn Motel. I'll try and post some photos


Day 30: July 14 - Circle to Glendive, MT.  48.7 miles.  Very short, cooler ride. The temperature has really changed and it was a much more pleasant ride, although again the winds shifted and turned to a headwind coming out of the southeast of all things. What the hell is going on?  What happened to prevailing westerly winds?

I opted to stay in a motel right next to the public library so I could work on this blog today. So far a good choice it seems.  A nice library.

Tomorrow I'll enter into North Dakota.  The 4th state in this journey so far.  I may try to do 98 miles to get to Dickinson as it is supposed to be cooler the next couple of days so I should try to take advantage of it before it gets hot again by the weekend. Wish me luck!  I'll try to figure out how to post photos again. Wish me luck on that, too!




No comments:

Post a Comment