Thursday, August 21, 2014

IT'S OFFICIAL! ARRIVED IN GLOUCESTER/ROCKPORT ON AUGUST 20, 2014! 3,827 MILES LOGGED! TIRES DIPPED IN ATLANTIC!

More to Come...

But I at least wanted to informed everyone that is following the blog that I successfully, happily, healthily reached the East Coast and the Atlantic Ocean on Wednesday, August 20, 2014 at the Long Beach at the Gloucester and Rockport shoreline in Massachusetts!  After 67 days and 3,827 miles (6,159 km) from leaving Florence, Oregon on June 15, 2014.




I'll post more about the trek from Auburn, NY to Rockport (in 6 days travel time and 400 miles) but wanted to at least inform everyone following this blog that I successfully arrived.  I want to thank all that have supported me along the way, morally, physically and otherwise and especially my wonderful wife Cathy, without whose support and love throughout I could not have done this.



I'll post more details and photos in a few days but wanted to get this up quickly.

Thanks again for all your support!  FYI, if you've posted any comments on this blog chances are I did not get them as it doesn't seem to take them unless you set up a profile of your own.  If you'd like to send me any comments/questions, etc, send them to my email address instead:  gregoryjgg(at)gmail(dot)com

Greg

No comments:

Post a Comment